The best way to avoid needing emergency HVAC repair is thorough HVAC preventative maintenance.
During the spring, before the heat waves of summer begin, and in the fall, before the frigid winter temps arrive, you should have your HVAC system checked by a professional technician from Holbrook Heating & Air Conditioning to make sure it is functioning properly and efficiently. Not only does this help avoid emergency situations, but it can also help lower your heating and cooling costs.
HVAC Preventative Maintenance from Homeowners
There are a few things you can do on your own for HVAC preventative maintenance:
HVAC Preventative Maintenance from Holbrook Heating & Air Conditioning
Twice a year you should make an appointment to have a Holbrook Heating & Air Conditioning professional technician visit your home to inspect your HVAC system. Here are a few things we look out for on one of those visits:
- Check for dirt, leaves and other debris inside the cabinet and clean the area.
- Audit the base pan for restricted drain openings and remove obstructions if needed.
- Check out the coil and cabinet and clean as needed.
- Go through the control box, any controls or accessories, the wiring, and connections checking for wear or damage.
- Inspect the compressor and tubing for damage.
- Observe refrigerant levels and adjust as necessary.
- Review the fan motor and blades for significant wear or damage. For older models, we may need to lubricate as well.